Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Mothers Day Daddy!

We enjoyed a beautiful Mothers Day this year. Janalyn believes that Mothers Day is for everyone, Mother or not. Not only did she want to open all of Mommy's gifts and cards, but she spent the whole day saying, 'Happy Mothers Day!' to everyone, including Daddy and Jack. She is my little sweetheart. After all, every time I start to get upset at her, even to this day (three days later) , she'll blurt out, 'Happy Mothers Day! I love you. Are you a happy girl?"With it being Mothers Day, we were privileged to be able to call Elder Gregg Bowen all the way in Portugal. He sounded just like the same old Gregg, only a bit more polished and missionary-like. It was fun to have him talk to Janalyn and hear what a little lady she's becoming. She even sang 'We are a Happy Family' to him over the phone. So fun!
John made orange rolls (yum!) for breakfast, and we dashed out the door for church. On the counter he had left two pots of beautiful red and yellow mini roses and a beautiful card from both him and the kids. Janalyn had a fun time listening to the Primary kids sing 'I Often Go Walking.' Mommy explained to her that she would get to do that next year. The bishopric spent all of second hour baking homemade cookies in the kitchen and took them around to serve to all the Mothers during third hour. I had taught my Mia Maids a lesson on Temple Marriage and had brought little handouts that read 'DONUT settle...Marry the right person in the right place at the right time.' And had donuts for each of my girls. The reason I mention this, is because by noon, I had put away two orange rolls a cookie and a donut. Happy Mothers Day to me! How SHAMEFUL!!!

John made me a delicious dinner. I requested: Lasagna, salad and garlic bread...
...and a frosty STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM CAKE! I was VERY impressed!
Some friends of ours were getting rid of an old swing set, so we decided to adopt it. This swing set reminds me of the one in Grandma and Grandpa Bowen's backyard in Sugar City when I was a little girl. All the cousins would spend hours out there swinging and playing on the teeter toter. We'd chant the song 'Teeter-toter bread and water, wash your face in dirty water!' Gross, I know. Here's a picture of my cousin, Jason on the teeter-toter and Grandpa and I on the swings. These pictures are in loving memory of you Grandpa!

We ended our wonderful day with a family stroll around the block.

I am so grateful for the blessing it is to be a Mother. I couldn't have asked for sweeter children! I am also lucky to have the Mother I do. She is my best friend.

This picture was taken of us last Mothers Day 08'.

Happy Mothers Day!

No comments: